Craving the news
It seems that when winter arrives, I can't get enough of talk radio or newspapers or current event/opinion programming. And then this morning, over coffee and miniwheats, I was watching some television news and couldn't turn it off fast enough. Perhaps it was the combination of visual images with the lack of control over what I was hearing.....I don't know - but I didn't like it. It made me upset because all the news was bad, or frightening, or whatnot. I wonder if it's necessary for us to hear all the details about horrific crimes, or if a general, vague interpretation would do justice. Life seems to have changed since the new era of instantaneous information. Our stress levels seem to have gone up as a result - we're more worried, more fearful, more cautious. Well, at least I am. Sometimes I like living in my little, uninformed bubble, where the world is going to last forever and people are nice to each other. Ah, well......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home