A year ending
Well, in 5 teaching days I will have successfully completed my first year of teaching. Wow. It will be a much needed break that's for sure. And I know that those of you who do not teach will never fully understand how much this break is needed, so just trust me - it's needed!! Tonight was Grade 8 Grad - more like Grade 8 Prom!! You should have seen those girls - nails done, hair done, $200 dresses. In fact, 2 of the girls were wearing dresses that I tried on for a wedding about a month ago. Am I dressing too young or are they dressing too old? However, they looked beautiful and had a great time, so that's all that matters.
I made it for about 10 minutes of my run today and then came home. I had brain fog for a good part of the morning and felt a little overwhelmed. I think I'm just a little rundown - who knows for sure. I found out today that I'm tentatively scheduled to teach music from Grade 1 - 6 - that will be a change! I'm looking forward to it though and I have some good resources. Hopefully I've learned from my mistakes this year and will only improve from now on. Fingers crossed.
Jay's sister got married without a hitch. Jay was the emcee and did an excellent job. I'm still waiting to get some pictures - I looked amazing let me say - haha.
I just finished reading Angels and Demons. Great book! Better than the Da Vinci Code for sure - only because its more of a mystery. Unfortunately, I was so eager to see how the book ended that I read it too fast and got a little bit sad when it was finished. I started a new book - Rush Home Road - by Lori Lansens, the girl who wrote The Girls - one of my all-time favourite books. It's good so far. I saw another book that sounds really good - Middlesex - I might have to buy it with next week's lesson money. I think by the sounds of the back cover it's about a woman who has a sex-change because she was hermaphrodite when she was born.... just guessing though - whatever happens it sounds really good.
Can't think of much else to say at this point. The standard - I'll try to write more often - is inserted here. Is all for now - tata!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home