Odds and Ends
I decided today that I was going to listen to Christmas music. I don't really care that it's only November 18 - only! where is this year going??? Christmas music makes me feel happy and I'm home alone, so Christmas carols it is. Not to mention the fact that it's Bing Crosby and friends singing.....can't be beat! I wish it was snowing just a bit outside - but then I wouldn't be able to see it anyway, so I can imagine whatever I want!
I've decided that living in a basement apartment is a bit like being in a timeless pit - there is no natural light to inform you of the time of day, the weather - and as a result, what mood you should be in on a given day. It could be 11pm and feel like noon or 9am and feel like supper time. I can only imagine how amazing it is going to feel when we finally own a house with windows!!
I'm experimenting these days with a theory - that theory is that if my house is clean and tidy I will be more relaxed. So, I'm using some guidelines I found on RealSimple.com about things to do daily, weekly, and seasonally. Hope it helps. I just feel stressed when I'm out doing something and I know I should be at home cleaning. Or at least that's how I feel - like we go out and the dishes aren't done - that drives me batty!! Then they are just waiting for you in morning. Nobody wants to start their day with dishes!
Friday night I got to put a baby to sleep by stroking his peach-fuzz hair. Too cute. It's incredible how much babies change in the first year. We only went 3 or 4 weeks without seeing him and he's so much more alert now!
I think that's the extent of my insightful thoughts up to this point - hope to be back soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home