A Wee Spot for Eeyore

04 November 2007

Operation Christmas Child

This afternoon, I filled a shoebox with pretty pink things for a little girl far away. What a great feeling to know that I have brightened the day of someone less fortunate than I. And I did it all for under $20!! Jay and I just bought a new couch a week or so ago and it it soooo beautiful! It was high time as the old couch was unsupportive and actually broken. Also - white is not a wise colour for a sofa! In other news.....my choir is singing their first concert of the season on November 24th. It should be a good show - I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to the break from Saturday morning rehearsals until the new year. I need a morning to sleep in!! School is wearing me out this year - I'm running all over the place. My schedule is less that kind to a rotary teacher, and I'm feeling the effects. I have lost 4lbs since the beginning of school though, so that's nothing to complain about! My primary choir at school has about 50 members - and they keep coming week after week! I hope they steal the show at the Christmas concert this year - they are working hard! I guess that's the news for today....oh. I read a book called Mercy by Jodi Picoult. Dear god - did I cry like a baby! Sobbing - seriously. Good book though - if you can handle pondering your decisions in the same situation. Now I'm on to Middlesex - hope it's good! Tata.

1 Comments:

  • Silly me, I didn't realize they did Operation Christmas Child here in Canada. We did it in England with Kassie's primary school and it was great fun!

    Rest well once the concert finishes. I'm sure it will be worth all the early morning Saturday rehearsals.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 7:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home